Latest News

Add Some African Flavour To Your Closet With Vazikali21

Kenyans, particular ladies, are very fashion forward and all you need to confirm this affirmation is take a walk down the Nairobi CBD. Some get it right others terribly wrong, but what you'll see is a wide display of fashion. Similarly, the fashion industry in Kenya has grown tremendously over the past couple of years and it all starts with savvy entrepreneurs who have chosen to make a living out of their passion for fashion. We had a talk with  Peninah Wambui Mwangi, the brains behind fashion marvel Vazikali21, about her business in fashion.

Peninah Wambui Mwangi, Managing Director of Vazikali21
Peninah Wambui Mwangi, Managing Director of Vazikali21

Tell us about yourself and your business.
"I am the Managing Director of Vazikali21, also a marketer by profession. Vazikali21  is a new online business that deals in custom making ladies African attires. I have a degree in bachelor of commerce-marketing option. Vazikali21 is mainly online; we have a Facebook page which we use to heavily interact with our clients."

Some of the selections of African inspired weekenders and clutch bags Vazikali21 offer.
Some of the selections of African inspired weekenders and clutch bags Vazikali21 offer.

What got you started in the business?
"I started Vazikali21 immediately I left my first place of employment. When I started Vazikali21 in August I did not take it seriously I thought of it as a pass time as I searched for a job. The first month turned out to be better than I anticipated, I however got a job in an events company to work as a marketer which I took and did for a while. I then decided to leave in March to pursue my education and also focus on my business which has now been in operation for 9months and so far so good."
Selections of skirts Vazikali21 offer.
Selections of skirts Vazikali21 offer.

What advice do you have to upcoming online based fashion entrepreneurs? 
"Advice to those venturing into the fashion industry would be to identify their target audience/market and try as much as possible to satisfy their customers' needs."

[gallery type="rectangular" columns="2" ids="902,893"]

Contact Vazikali21 for more information about their products and purchase:

Facebook: Vazikali21 Facebook Page

Website: Vazikali21 Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Loop Kenya Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

©InTheLoop Kenya 2014. Powered by Blogger.